On May 7th 2011 the Ukrainian National Federation – Toronto Branch invites the entire community to an exciting evening at the Kentucky Derby!
The “Derby Dinner & Dance” Fundraising Banquet is in support of the UNF’s “Dorist” Cultural Education Program for Youth. The evening will be filled with great “southern” style food, music by the “Big Band Orfey” and of course the running of the 137th Kentucky Derby which will be shown on three massive screens.
Did you know that?
– The UNF Developed one of the first Ukrainian Education Programs in Canada;
– The UNF initiated summer and after school programs for high school accreditation of Ukrainian Education;
– The Dorist program was started in the 1940’s to prepare our youngest members for their cultural life in Canada;
– The UNF’s Summer Camp program is one of the oldest in Canada;
– The UNF established the Canadian Ukrainian Opera Society;
– The UNF has educated many of Canada’s Ukrainian Canadian Leaders including Senator Paul Yuzyk, Founding President of the Ukrainian National Youth Federation.
The “Dorist” Program is designed to prepare youth for acceptance in to programming developed by the UNF’s Paul Yuzyk Institute for Youth Leadership.
All of this has been made possible though the dedicated work our members and the Ukrainian Canadian community who have supported us for almost 80 years.
We hope to see you all at this great event in support of the Ukrainian Canadian Community in the GTA! Our Youth are Our Future!
For Tickets Please Call 416-253-6002 or e-mail email@example.com
For information on Dorist, and the Derby Dinner & Dance please see the attached information.
For information on the Paul Yuzyk Institute please visit www.unfcanada.ca
Check us out on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ukrainian-National-Federation-Toronto-Branch/397329353054Final-KD-Poster5