Donors Corner: Planned Giving
Hard to believe we are already in June. I would like to thank our donors, sponsors, supporters, our youth, and hard-working board members for their continuing commitment to make our community strong, connected, and vibrant. Your dedication to our mission and our future is heartwarming.
Please know that our work is only possible because of your support and your trust. “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” I thought this would be a good time to interest you in some gift options we have to help continue our work and make sure that our Ukrainian Canadian community is recognized, respected, and has a voice for many generations to come.
I thank you in advance for considering any of those gifts and continuing supporting the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
- Monthly giving – I encourage and invite our social media followers and our news readers who are not our donors yet to join the UCC community as Monthly Donors. Monthly giving is safe, affordable ($10/month, $20/month, or whatever amount you wish), effective, and convenient. You can use your credit card or make monthly bank withdrawal just contact our office. Мaximize your impact with monthly giving.
- Stock and securities – tax-smart giving
- Insurance policies – donating existing policies, new policies or assigning the UCC C&E Trust as the beneficiary.
- Donations of retirement funds (RRSP, RIF and TFSA) – name the UCC C&E Trust on your retirement plan documents.
- Gifts in kinds including real estate (UCC-National reserves the right to refuse gifts that are not of value or benefit to UCC.)
- Gifts of Annuities
- Include us in your estate planning – Planned giving allows you to establish your personal legacy by making a strategic charitable donation that can reduce the tax payable on your estate and/or in some cases void capital gains tax. You do not have to be rich to have a will and to include the UCC C&E Trust in it!
Gifts from an estate may be in the form of:
- A whole estate
- A fixed amount
- A percentage of the estate (even 5% of your estate will make a difference in our work)
Gifts such as stocks and securities, insurance policies and annuities, and retirement funds are recommended to be given outside of the will to maximize tax benefits.
- Memorial Gift: ask your family and friends to donate to the UCC-National in your name.
Remember to consult your legal or financial advisor when planning your gifts. Your gifts can substantially reduce the tax payable on your estate and/or avoid capital gains tax.
Please note that when you are making a planned gift to the UCC C&E Trust you must include our proper name and the address (Ukrainian Canadian Congress-National, 203-952 Main St., Winnipeg, MB., R2W 3P4). Our Charitable number BN:119273464RR.