November 24, 2021, Ottawa ON.
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress was pleased to co-host along with the Embassy of Canada in Ukraine, and Canada-Ukraine Parliamentary Friendship Group (CUPFG), a special ceremony on Parliament Hill to commemorate the 88th anniversary of the Holodomor Famine Genocide.
- Master of Ceremonies: Yvan Baker, MP, Chair, Canada-Ukraine Parliamentary Friendship Group (CUPFG)
- Rev. Fr. Andrij Onuferko led opening and closing prayers
- On behalf of the Government of Canada, The Hon. Ahmed Hussen, Minister of Housing and Diversity and Inclusion
- James Bezan, MP, Vice-Chair, CUPFG, representing Official Opposition
- Stéphane Bergeron, MP, Vice-Chair, CUPFG
- Heather McPherson, MP, Vice-Chair, CUPFG
- Andrii Bukvych, Charge d’affaires, Embassy of Ukraine in Canada
- Ihor Michalchyshyn, Executive Director and CEO, Ukrainian Canadian Congress