September 11, 2022. OTTAWA, ON. The Ukrainian Canadian Congress (UCC) congratulates the Honourable Pierre Poilievre, PC, MP on his election as the leader of the Conservative Party of Canada and Leader of the Loyal Opposition.
“The UCC is certain that Mr. Poilievre’s experience and commitment will serve the Opposition, and Canada, well,” stated Alexandra Chyczij, National President of the UCC. “We look forward to continuing our productive relationship with the Conservative Party of Canada under Mr. Poilievre’s leadership. At this time when Russia continues to wage a genocidal war of aggression against Ukraine, the UCC applauds the Conservative Party’s strong and principled position in support of Ukraine and the Ukrainian people.”
The UCC looks forward to working with the Conservative Party of Canada and the Opposition on:
- Increasing Canada’s military, economic and humanitarian support to Ukraine;
- Designating Russia a state supporter of terrorism;
- Expelling the Russian ambassador and diplomatic mission from Canada;
- Strengthening Canadian sanctions on Russia and implementing a full trade embargo;
- Supporting Displaced Persons from Ukraine who seek refuge in Canada.