For individual excellence on a national scale in the area of Arts, film and media, particularly for her outstanding, multi-award winning feature documentary film “Recovery Room”, bringing public awareness, nationally and internationally, to Russia’s ongoing war in eastern Ukraine, its far-reaching impact, and to CUF’s work in humanitarian medical mission to Ukraine. She was also producer, director, editor of her documentary film “Second Chance” and main cinematographer for the award-winning feature documentary “Genocide Revealed”.
Graduate, Royal West Academy and Dawson College (CEGEP), Social Science. Presently, in 3’d year Communications Studies, Concordia University.
Attended National University of Kyiv-Mohyla Academy (NaUKMA) Summer School, Kyiv, 2006.
Completed 12 years Ukrainian Saturday school (Metropolitan Ilarion), Montreal. Attended University of Moncton, “Explore Canada program”, intensive French immersion courses, summer 2009.
Studied i iolin (10 years).
Member of Royal West Academy basketball team Member Dawson College Intramural All-star team. Obtained Red Cross badges in swimming.
Hobbies: photography, film, writing, travel, sports and music. Fluent in Ukrainian, English and French.
ORGANIZA TIONAL MEMBERSHIPS
* Executive member, Concordia Ukrainian University Students’ Union (CUSU)
* Executive member, Ukrainian Canadian University Students“ Union (SUSK)
* Meitlber, Plast Ukrainian Youth Association, Montreal SPECIAL RECOGNITION RECEIVED IN PAST
* I ather Josaphat Jean Foundation Scholarship Award, 2008
* Included in: “Creations: Literature and Art Magazine of Dawson College” (two essays), 2007
* Selected to participate in “Explore Canada program” at University of Moncton, 2009
OVERVIEW OF ACCOMPLISHMENTS
* Main camera-man, feature documentary film Okradena ZemlyHGenocide Revealed on the 1932-1933 famine-genocide in Sovict Ukraine. Filmed in the famine-stricken areas of Eastern Ukraine, 2009. ( article enclosed)
* Initiated and organized highly successful, first ever “Hip Hop Hopak” — competition between Ukrainian dancers and break-dancers as fundraiser for orphan childrcn in Ukraine (IJUHC) with Concordia Ukrainian Students’ Union (CUSU), McGill Ukrainian Students’ Association (MUSA), Ukrainian National Youth Federation (UNYF), and
University of Montreal students. Prepared Hip Hop Hopak program booklet. Over 300, mainly youth, attended, March 27, 2010. (see article)
* Instrumental in reviving SUSK’s newspaper “S fUDENT”, as media director of SUSK. Contributed to the revival of SUSK. Reenergized and organized many projects as media director and executive member of the Concordia Ukrainian University Students’ Union (CUSU), 2008-2010
* Editor-in-chief, “STUDENT’, SUSK newspaper, 2008, 2009.
* Initiated and coordinated a major weeklong exhibit on the Holodomor with CUSU and MUSA, including an information table on the 1932-1933 famine-genocide at Concordia University Library foyer. Viewed by students, campus staff and passers-by. Students rotated managing the exhibit and answering questions on the genocide, Nov. 2009.
* Counselor, Help Us Help Thc Children (HUHTC) camp for orphan children in Ukraine. summer 2008. Making documentary film: interviews with orphan children and counselors, summer, 2008 –
* At “Explore Canada program”, University of Moreton, incorporated, in French oral assignments, presentations on topics of the Holodomor, internment and Ukrainians in Canada. Showed French versions of documentaries “Freedom Had A Price” and “Harvest of Despair”. These topics unfamiliar to students from across-Canada. Class professor included an essay on the Holodomor on his term exam for the students, summer 2009.
* Designed and maintained the CUSU web-site.
* Volunteer at annual Montreal UkTainian Festival 200l-?009. Over 10,000 participants annually.
* Counselor, Plast Montreal. Organized weekly programs for youth groups, developed leadership skills and outdoor programs, 2005 to present. Counselor, Plast summer camp in Eastern Townships. Organized and coordinated sports program, 2005 to present.
Counselor and sports coordinator, International Scouts Jamboree (UMPF), Montreal- Ottawa-Toronto, 2007. Counselor, All-Canadian Plast “Krajevyj Zjizd”, Jasper, AB. Lcader of teenage camp participants, Aug. 2009