Born in Ukraine. Came to Edmonton in 1948. Studied Ukrainian language and literature, History of Textiles and Ukrainian Folklore at the University of Alberta. Received B.A. (Honours) in Slavic Linguistics in 1978.
Honorary Life Member of the Ukrainian Catholic Women’s League of Canada. Since 1963 member of the Eparchial UCWLC Museum Committee, served as secretary, a chairperson and a curator since 2009. Designed and conducted the embroidery of the “Unity Rushnyk” for the 65 Jubilee of UCWLC
Organised exhibits of Ukrainian Folk Art, contest and fashion shows, held workshops on Ukrainian Arts & crafts, costumes for dancing groups, led seminars on Ukrainian tradition and customs; was involved to judge various contests. Designed costumes for opera “KUPALO”, historical costumes for the float and Ukrainian theme designs for Papal Visit Banners.
Served on the Advisory Board of the Ukrainian Cultural Heritage Village, 1977-82
Co-founder of Edmonton Plast in 1948, held various executive positions, and for the last several decades an Arkhivist/Librarian