About the Descendants’ Network
In November 2020, the Ukrainian World Congress launched the Global Holodomor Descendants’ Network to continue the mission of our survivors for truth and recognition.
The goals of the Network:
- Establish a network of Holodomor Descendants
- Create a space for personal familial stories to have a perpetual voice
- Raise awareness of the enduring trauma that affects generations of survivors’ families
- Remember the millions of innocent Ukrainians who suffered at the hands of Stalin’s regime
- Advocate the facts of the Holodomor-Genocide to dispel disinformation and denial
- Inform about the Holodomor
The Canadian Holodomor Descendants Outreach Initiative has set as its goals to:
- Identify and engage Holodomor descendants in Canada to participate in the Network
- Officially launch the Global Holodomor Descendants’ Network in Canada (April 21, 2021)
Who is a descendant? You are a descendant if a blood relative(s) either perished during or survived the Holodomor of 1932-33 in Ukraine.
How you can help
Volunteer to work with the core group of descendants in Canada to:
- Identify descendants in your community;
- Disseminate information; and
- Encourage participation in the network.
To learn more about the Global Holodomor Descendants Network visit the UWC website.
The Ukrainian Canadian Research and Documentation Centre, a partner of the Canadian Holodomor Descendants’ Outreach Initiative, is documenting testimonies of descendants. To learn more about the project Children of Holodomor Survivors Speak visit http://www.ucrdc.org/Archive-Oral-History-Children_of_Holodomor_Survivors_Speak.html
We all have an important role to play in promoting this initiative in our communities.
We trust we can count on you!