EXTENSION OF THE CUAET PROGRAM – WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW
On March 22, 2022, the Government of Canada announced an extension of the CUAET program past the March 31, 2022, deadline.
- You can apply for a CUAET visa (including obtaining a work permit) outside of Canada until July 15, 2023.
- You can arrive with issued visas (if they are valid at the time of entry) until March 31, 2024.
- It will be possible to apply for an extension or change of status within the framework of the CUAET program from Canada, until March 31, 2024.
- Settlement services in Canada such English language courses, job search services, children’s programs and other services, are available to CUAET visa holders until March 31, 2025.
- Accommodation for 2 weeks in a hotel (if there is available space in specific cities of arrival) and one-time federal financial assistance have also been extended. The final dates until which these benefits will be available will be determined by the government at a later date.