2020 Canada Summer Jobs opportunities (TEST)
Organization: The Ukrainian Canadian Congress
Application Deadline: June 30, 2020
May 19, 2020. OTTAWA. The Ukrainian Canadian Congress is excited to announce that we are looking for a number of summer staff across Canada with the support of the Canada Summer Jobs program. Positions are currently available in Vancouver, Victoria and Winnipeg.
The UCC will strictly follow all public health guidelines and directives from federal, provincial and local authorities in implementing the Canada Summer Jobs program.
Positions are available across Canada including:
- Communications and Office Assistant, UCC Head Office (Winnipeg)
- Community Outreach Development Assistant, Victoria & Vancouver Island (Victoria, BC)
- Community Outreach Development Assistant, Vancouver & Lower Mainland (Vancouver, BC)
- Development and implementation of community outreach plan and awareness activities (online primarily)
- Assist in the preparation of communication materials for the Ukrainian community, including online materials, databases and resources
- Work with local businesses, community organizations and cultural groups including recent immigrants to Canada
- Support to cultural groups, seniors’ organizations, youth organizations and others
- Provide general office administrative support, including inquiries from general public.
- Experience working with community organizations and individuals
- A keen understanding of the Ukrainian Canadian community, including locally
- Excellent communication, customer service and organizational skills
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve
- Fluency in English and Ukrainian essential. Proficiency in French an asset
Applications should be sent by Tuesday June 2, 2020 to email@example.com and should include a resume and cover letter indicating why the applicant is interested in working with the Ukrainian Canadian Congress.
Please note: You must be aged between 15 and 30 and be legally entitled to work in Canada. Our positions will be paid $15 per hour, other terms of contract will vary by location.
This year all Canada Summer Job positions are available in the Canada Jobs Bank. We would encourage eligible applicants to search through the many Ukrainian Canadian community organizations which have received funding by reviewing the list here.