UCC Holodomor Awareness, Education and Archives Assistant (term contract)
Organization: UCC National
Application Deadline: October 1, 2021
UCC Holodomor Awareness, Education and Archives Assistant (term contract
The Ukrainian Canadian Congress is seeking to hire a Holodomor Awareness, Education and Archives Assistant this fall and winter.
This term position is funded through Canada Summer Jobs for sixteen weeks starting as soon as possible. Salary is $15 per hour. Full-time hours are available but part-time hours are possible.
The UCC will continue to strictly follow all public health guidelines and directives related to Covid-19. and work will be done remotely.
Applications should include a resume and cover letter indicating how they are qualified for this position to email@example.com by Friday October 1, 2021.
- Assist in the preparation of archival and communications materials and resources.
- Assist in creating a database of Holodomor descendants based on archival material and research.
- Organize archival material for the production of Holodomor awareness videos and sharing of materials on digital platforms.
- Applicants must demonstrate an interest and experience in history and communications.
- Experience working with archives and historical documents is an advantage.
- Understanding of the Holodomor and genocide education.
- Excellent communications, organizational and research skills.
- Proficiency in English and Ukrainian essential. Proficiency in French an asset.
This program is funded through the Canada Summer Jobs program. Qualified applicants must be between ages of 15 and 30, Canadian citizens, permanent resident, or refugee. Unfortunately, international students are not eligible participants.