Ukrainian Language & Culture School
2-week intensive course of Ukrainian Language and Culture
“UKRAINIAN AUTUMN IN LVIV 2011”
* August, 29 – September, 9
* October, 3-14
* November, 7-18
Lviv is the best place to spend the autumn, because autumn in Lviv is the
time of artistic festivals, music concerts, carnivals, museums and theaters.
You will also have the time to visit most interesting places in Lviv
(National Art Gallery, Opera Theatre, ancient mountain High Castle, Open Air
Museum …) World-renown Ukrainian songs, embroidery, ceramics, decorations,
woodcarvings attract the guests of Lviv.
The 2-week Ukrainian intensive courses “Ukrainian Autumn in Lviv” meet the
ALTE (Association of Language Testers in Europe) requirements and have the
communicative orientation. They mix the language learning with unique
Ukrainian traditions. During the courses you will have the possibility to:
* cook and taste Ukrainian dishes
* take part in Ukrainian traditional activities
* visit the most interesting places of Ukraine
* sing Ukrainian traditional and pop songs
* make a presentation of your native culture and country
* play in Ukrainian folk and present-day games
and it is not all!!!
There are groups due to three levels: Beginner, Intermediate, Advanced. The
entry test helps us to check your knowledge. Our lecturers have great
teaching experience for foreigners and native speakers in the best Ukrainian
universities and abroad.
The study program has been approved during several years, that is why it is
effective and easy for students. It is flexible depending on student level
and wishes as well. It includes the developing of your oral, writing,
reading and listening skills.
You can choose the appropriate accommodation for you. We cooperate with some
hosting Ukrainian families during quite a long time and have good opinions
from our students who lived there. Practically all the family apartments are
in the very center of city, about 10-30 minutes to teaching place on foot.
You will have a separate room. A simple breakfast is included in the
accommodation fee. The sum of about 9-11 EURO is normal for 1 night in Lviv
in hosting family.
The Ukrainian intensive course fee for two weeks is 249 Euros.
The school fee includes:
• study-process, tutorials
• hand-outs and a certificate
• introduction to Lviv excursion
• a “survival file” (Lviv map, useful information, a program, a notebook, a
• coffee breaks
Why in Lviv? — Because Lviv is:
• ancient and the most interesting Ukrainian city for tourists
• really Ukrainian speaking city (opposite to Donetsk or even Kyiv)
• located not far from the west Ukrainian border
• not expensive city (opposite to Kyiv)
• has unique multicultural tradition: combines the Ukrainian, Polish,
Germans, Armenians, Jewish and others cultures
• modern and progressive city with up to day shops, restaurants, café,
theaters, cinemas, universities …
Not yet convinced? Try it yourself!
We look forward to see you in Lviv,
The team of Ukrainian Language and culture school
The number of students is limited. Late applications may be accepted but we
advise to book early. The earlier you apply the more time we would have to
arrange your accommodation in the best possible way.
Ukrainian – interestingly, cheerfully, efficiently!